Wednesday 13 September 2017

I've Been Adopted!

That's right. I've been adopted, but its not quite like it sounds. Beaumont School in Winnipeg, Manitoba has adopted me as their author in residence and I am beyond the moon excited.

Beginning in October, I will visit the school on a monthly to semi-monthly basis to share the behind the scenes details of publishing my middle grade novel, Family of Spies. Together we will journey through revisions, book designs, promotional considerations, more revisions, marketing decisions, final last minute revisions, book printing, culminating with the book launch.

I am so grateful to Prairie Bookings  for being so incredibly forward thinking and responsive and to Colleen Nelson who referred me to this author service. Colleen is the award-winning author of the following; Blood Brothers, Finding Hope, and 250 Hours, and many more! She champions fellow writers, always looking for ways to offer support and is a model of kindness.

I cannot wait to meet the Beaumont students and introduce them to Ford, Ellie, and Gavin. 
A world of espionage, secret agents, and clairvoyance awaits!
*Just found out one more school is interested in adopting me! 
More deets to follow...


No comments:

Post a Comment