Tuesday 30 October 2012

And 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

www.thestayathomemother.com

The countdown has begun. In only 34 sleeps it will happen.

The launch of my very first book.

Finally the world will get to see, Spaghetti is NOT a Finger Food and Other Life Lessons, in all its glory.

I suppose you could say I'm excited, but that is a huge understatement. Every day my feelings run the gamut from thrilled and overjoyed to nervous and stunned.

In one moment I think, "All my hard work is paying off." Only seconds later my mind switches gears and resembles a hamster running on a wheel of self doubt.

"How can this be happening to me? Is this a dream? Am I going to wake up on December 3rd and find out the last 9 months was just a Rip Van Wrinkle type slumber?"
 
And wouldn't that just bite?

My solution? I keep pinching myself. Yes, I am black and blue, but it's working. It stops that negative inner voice from jumping it's hamster wheel and lunging out of it's cage to run willy-nilly around my brain.

Now back to work. Today I search for authors to blurb my book. Blurbing. Doesn't that sound all writerly? Makes me feel thrilled and overjoyed, with no room for nervous or stunned.

So shove off hamster and stay on your wheel.
Your work is not needed here.
www.gauthamabuddha.blogspot.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment