Tuesday 5 June 2012

Zoe Ate my Blog

cooltoplists.com
It’s been too long since I last blogged. I'd like to say Zoe ate my blog notes, but note pads are the one thing she refuses to eat. Unless a Tim Hortons' double chocolate cookie once rested on one of my writing journals, which of course is impossible because of my strictly followed diet. Just sayin.'

But I do have a zillion excuses, all of them involving writing, just not for my blog.

Last weekend, I had my first art “pow wow” by teleconference, and I have to tell you how exhilarating it was to hear “my team” discussing something I created. OMG, I have a team. How crazy is that? Over the moon, past Pluto and into the great beyond, type crazy. And no, I am not exaggerating. It is that insane.

And to boot, they loved it. But the best part for me?

They really understood the main character, Connor. Even though Connor has an unusual view of the world and more than his fair share of idiosyncrasies, they still loved him.

revbriceatjourney.blogspot.com
I even received the first colour illustration of Connor from Sarah Ackerley who has been selected for the art work. The moment I saw her drawing I became verklempt. She captured the essence of Connor; his naivety, his curiosity, his extreme focus – all in one picture. It is truly a world changing feeling to "see" him through someone else's eyes. I am sure it will remain one of the most memorable moments in my writing journey.

My current work-in-progress is a paranormal young adult novel. It is the furthest I could be from writing humour and I hope its back-of-the-neck, baby-hair tingling enough. It’s taking me far longer than expected as I can’t write alone in the house after dark, and I keep needing breaks when I get too creeped out to continue.

Hmmm, perhaps I’ve hit the target. Mission accomplished.

Wait. Did you hear that? 

Hello? Is someone there?

Phew, it's just Zoe devouring a note pad.

Or was it? Da-da-da-daaaaaa.
dreadcentral.com

No comments:

Post a Comment