Saturday 6 January 2018

Family of Spies Book Launch


It is official!

The McNally Robinson launch date for my third novel 
Family of Spies
is set for April 29th at 2:00 p.m. 

Please join me in McNally's atrium for a fun-filled afternoon. Of course there will be cookies, clues, and prizes! 

This is a family friendly event, with special guests from the Adopt an Author program at Beaumont School.


Family of Spies, is a middle grade novel loosely based on the mystery revolving around my Rhodes Scholar grandfather, Edward Hugh Martin Crawford. He was a pilot with the R.C.A.F. and was awarded an MBE, based on his involvement in World War 2. Eighty years later, the details of his military career remain sealed. Our family lore of code breaking, secret missions, and connections to Bletchley Park, fueled my imagination when writing this story. Back in 2013 when I began research for this novel, I wrote a blog post exploring my grandfather's life. You can read it by clicking here: The Queen's Rum Runner.

When cousins Ford, Ellie and Gavin, discover their great-grandfather was a rogue World War 2 spymaster, they must outrun MI6 and the CIA through the streets of Paris, relying on their wits and Ford’s newfound clairvoyant skills to unlock Great-Granddad’s spy secrets buried in the past. Great-Granddad hid something important to the war effort and these agencies want it back!

And finally, a huge thank you to my editor, Stephanie Berrington of Yellow Dog, an imprint of Great Plains Publications, for working with me to strengthen every passage of this novel. 


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading this one! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cover Jodi. Really looking forward to reading your latest which of course was written mostly when you were in the UK. Hurry on back this year to promote it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be lovely! I would like to get back to Oxford for further research, but Emmma is the lucky one this year. She is returning this summer to see her grandparents.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete