Friday 1 March 2013

Up to Speed with Larry Updike was Exhilarating!

http://www.cbc.ca/uptospeed/
Gracious Host, Larry Updike
This week has taken me on a thrilling ride.

First, I found out that CBC's Larry Updike wanted me on his afternoon show, Up to Speed with Larry Updike, and then my publisher Rana gave me the news I've been hoping for.

Spaghetti is NOT a Finger Food is going to print! 

Woohoodleehoo!

I screamed myself hoarse when I read her email. Then I did the Harlem Shake with Zoe. Okay, I didn't actually do the Shake, but I could, if I knew how. I just need about 97 lessons.

But I have drifted. Again.

The Green Room is Actually Blue. Huh.
Being on the radio was a rush, a thrill, and downright giddyfying. No, that is not a typo. It is a state of being that I highly recommend. Try it. It's sublime.

Larry Updike is a pro. He guided me through the interview, carefully keeping me from the Dreaded Drift. Which I do. Often.

He asked all the right questions, ensuring our message was heard.

Having Asperger's Syndrome means you think differently not defectively. And being different isn't good or bad. It isn't a qualifier. It just is.

We spoke about Asperger Manitoba's 1st Annual Spaghetti and Potluck Dinner held this Saturday at the River Heights Community Centre. It's open to all Winnipeggers - both Aspies and Neurotypicals. It will be a safe and understanding place where those on the spectrum will find community, support, and acceptance. Click here to find out more!

Finally I got to announce, to all the world, or at least much of Winnipeg, the stupendous news: 


I can hardly wait for my book launch, which I hope to hold at McNally Robinson Booksellers. It would be the perfect way to thank them for allowing my writing group, The Anitas, to meet twice monthly amongst the stacks, where we laugh our way through our critique sessions. Sometimes we get carried away. Occasionally Often we are loud. Still they let us return, week after week. This is how they roll. And we are so grateful.

Still don't know what all the fuss is about? Here's the Spaghetti book trailer:







4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you :-)
    -Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! Getting the paper book just makes it feel complete.

      Delete
  2. I am just THRILLED to bits for you, Jodi. This is just the best week ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I feel like I'm living on cloud 9. And can you believe The Drew has been in San Fran all week?

      Delete